Learning about colors doesn’t have to be boring! With one stop at the dollar store, you’ll be all set for this rainbow activity that packs a punch!
Supplies You Will Need:
- Shaving Cream (Foam) (Dollar Tree)
- Tempera Paint
- Educational Trays or Cookie Sheets
- Large piece of white paper
- Squeegee (Dollar Tree)
- Paint shirts (optional)
- Assemble your supplies
- Cover your work space with newspaper (optional)
- Write the child’s name on the paper before beginning as the print will become rather wet.
- If you want to offer up a lot of independence with this activity, demo how to use the supplies first and then let the kids continue on their own.
- Allow the child to spray a healthy amount of shaving cream on the tray until floor of the tray is covered.
- Let the child squirt various colors of paint on top of the foam.
- Let the child lay their paper on top of the foam/paint base they have created.
- Gently press down on the paper with open palms, ever so lightly rubbing the backside of the paper so all parts of the page touch the foam.
- Slowly peel the paper away from the foam and listen for ooh’s and aah’s.
- Lay the print on a flat surface and help the child pull/drag the squeegee across the page removing the foam with each pass.
The colors that are left behind are amazing!!
The print transform into a beautiful matte finish piece of art!
Allow for dry time and decorate your space with these beauties!
Looking for more great rainbow ideas? Click on the image below!