- Cut out food images and glue each one onto a paper plate.
- Label each item to increase literacy awareness.
- Have the kids sit around the table or in a circle on the floor.
- Place all of the paper plates in the center to resemble a Thanksgiving Feast.
- Have kids take turns asking a friend to “please pass the ______”.
- Introduce ways to respond when someone offers you something you don’t like as well as reminding the kids to say “please” and “thank you”.
- Role play several times before Thanksgiving Day until the kids become comfortable with using table manners.